Thursday, August 6, 2009

Rant & Rave 1 - Politics, Bare Arms, Tank Tops And Shoes

As Groucho Marx sang "Whatever it is I'm against it," and that seems to be the GOP theme song today. Perhaps the 2nd song should be "Money." Today it is hard to tell what is in a conservative heart, or if they even possess one. We do know what is on their minds and that is campaign contributions, then performing in unison like trained seals doing what they were paid to do by various industries. Doing this well enough so they can maintain their power by getting more money from the same groups in the future and say the same things over and over again. They are nothing less then corporate Manchurian Candidates, and certainly not a candidate who gives a rats ass about the people they represent.
I love Obama as I feel he is the right person for the job at the very moment that we needed someone like him, but I must admit I miss the humor of having a Colin, Dick, and Bush in the White House at the same time. I'm not saying Bush was dumb but I can imagine him thinking Roe verses Wade was a decision that one made at the lake. "Sir what is your position on a women's right to choose," one can easily imagine him saying something like "I'm for a women's right to shoes." Or, when asked about the NRA'S position on bearing arms him saying "I think everyone has the right to bare arms, hell I wear tank tops all the time at the ranch."
It's hard to understand how a group of people so obviously in need of healthcare, mental healthcare, could be so against it.

No comments:

Post a Comment